Classical Ballet Lessons are at the advanced beginner levels of training for the study of Classical Dance, providing the gradual assimilation of all elements needed for maximum personal achievement and offering the student the greatest chance for satisfaction with their performance.
Pre-Pointe work is optional for with the approval of the teacher for students who have studied consistently in a minimum of three ballet lessons per week for a full year.
Modern/Jazz Lessons offer technical conditioning with practice and instruction on stylized
choreographed movements in exercises to develop routines and dances. A minimum of one classical dance lesson is recommended in addition for maximum results.
National Character Dance is the study of steps & styles from ethnic dances and their eventual application for the stage. It is recommended for all students who would like to perform. Enhancing coordination, rhythm, group work and awareness of space.
A requirement for company dancers and those students preparing for higher level programs.
- Any shade of green leotard
- Pink theatrical pink tights (no back seam)
- Full sole leather pink ballet slippers with pink ribbons.
- Character: Black mid/calf length black skirt with black character shoes.
- Jazz, Modern, Tap: Black Capri or ankle length jazz pants or shorts. Black Jazz or Tap shoes. Beige Sole Savers for Modern if preferred to barefoot.
- Hair must be pinned off face for all lessons with long hair in a bun for ballet classes.
- White T-Shirt
- Black tights or gym shorts
- White socks & full sole leather ballet slippers. Black Tap Shoes or Jazz Shoes.
- Beige Sole Savers for Modern if preferred to barefoot.